Anyhoooo we have an apple tree that grows super big apples and that has been my focus for the last 2 weeks. Apple Pie Jam, Apple Butter and Dutch apple pies. Well tonight we made....
Apple Pizza - Lynn's Kitchen Adventures
- 1 pie crust, unbaked single pie crust ( I use my gluten free pie crust recipe)
- 5 cups sliced peeled apples, tart baking apples work best
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- Roll pie crust out onto a 12 inch pizza pan. This will be thinner than a pie crust would be. If you do not have a pizza pan you could do this free form on a cookie sheet.
- In a bowl mix together cheese topping mixture and spread on pie crust.
- In a separate pan combine apples, butter, sugar and cinnamon. Cook over medium low heat for 3-5 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Spread apples over cream cheese layer. If your apples have a lot of liquid/sauce do not place all of the liquid /sauce on the pizza or you will have a mess in your oven. Ask me how I know. Apples vary on how much juice they have, but you do not want so much liquid that it runs all over the place. I left a few tablespoon of liquid in the pan last time I made it. (You may want to set a second pan on the rack below this in the oven to catch the drips, in case it does go over. That will help avoid a messy oven.)
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool slightly and serve.