Supper tonight was delicious and I combined 2 recipes into one....The one below and a bacon pasta recipe....I adjusted to my family about 3 large Kale leaves a cup of peas I just add the Kale annd peas at the end of the pasta cook time (saves steps and time) then in a frying pan fry about a cup of chopped bacon and a small onion till onion is translucent and bacon is crisp I added half a can of diced (seasoned - small can) tomatoes to the pan then toss with pasta.....yummmmmmm!
Pasta with Kale, Lemon & Parmesan
Yield – 4 servings Preparation Time – 20 minutes Cooking Time – 15 minutes
- 10-12 kale leaves (free)
- 1 lb. small pasta noodles, fusili or small shells ($.50)
- 2 lemons, juiced and zested ($.50)
- 3 Tbsp olive oil ($.15)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese ($.50)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium saucepan, bring 6 cups of water to boil. Add 1 Tbsp salt and then add the kale leaves. Boil 2-3 minutes, or until the kale is soft and bright green. Drain in colander and rinse with cool water. Let sit for a few minutes before chopping. Then chop into bite size pieces.
- In a different saucepan (or the same one), boil the pasta noodles. Once cooked, drain and rinse with cool water if you are planning to serve this as a cold dish.
- Toss the cooked pasta with the chopped kale leaves. Then squeeze in the juice of 2 lemons, plus 1 tsp lemon zest. Add in the olive oil and some salt and pepper. Toss well.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and toss again.
- Serve as is…or with fresh fruit…or with sliced grilled chicken on top. Or mixed in. (whatever works for you, works for me!)
- Serve chilled or warm.
Cost $4.40, at most
Read more: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2011/07/pasta-with-kale-lemon-and-parmesan-%e2%80%93-friday-night-bite.html#ixzz1jaVJwEvH
Did you make it what did you think????