So I couldn't wait to share this recipe with you all I love love love that my whole family loved this one. will for sure change it up with different pasta and toss it all together next time for sure! Instead of Mrs. Dash I used a garlic based seasoning mix it was so yummy and we used turkey tenders still was very tasty. The kids said it mush be added to the family rotations for sure. Also it gave us a large amount of left over pasta which sadly will not go to waste on left over day! It may also be turned into a pasta salad for punk girls lunch one day this week.
Chicken Caesar Pasta With Peas
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Servings: 4
About This Recipe"Recipe taken from the book Eating Forward by Sandi Richard Hit with my family!"
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 chicken breasts, boneless skinless ( 1lb 350g)
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash table blend seasoning
- 5 1/3 ounces light cream cheese ( or 83g )
- 1/2 cup Caesar salad dressing
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 12 ounces vermicelli ( or 340g)
- 4 slices bacon, fully cooked & low sodium
- Fill a pot with water and bring to boil for pasta.
- Heat oil in large pan on medium heat. Cut chicken into small bite sized pieces, adding to pan as you cut. Add spice. Toss until meat is no longer pink.
- Add cream cheese, dressing and milk. Stir until cheese is melted and ingredients are combined.
- Place pasta in boiling water, stir and cook uncovered.Cook to package directions appox 5 minutes.
- Place bacon on paper towel in microwave. Cook for 1 minute Set aside. Gently smash croutons with a mallet. Set aside.
- Rinse peas and place in a microwave safe dish, cover and cook on high for 3-4 mins until heated. Let stand.
- Rinse pasta under hot water in colander. Let drain and return to pasta pot. . Cover. NO HEAT, let stand. Slice and crumble bacon. Serve pasta on plate or bowl with sauce poured over top. Garnish with croutons, bacon and parmesan cheese.