Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year Yummys

Sitting here waiting to ring in New Years (SO basically trying to keep myself awake) I thought I have to share some of our fav nom nom's from tonight.

 First one is Hungry Girl's Holy Moly Guacamole, if you haven't tried some of her recipes hit her site HERE or your local library and borrow one of her many books before you invest but we have yet to have a recipe bomb on us!
To find the complete recipe HERE.
Yes the main ingredient is smashed peas, gross maybe but once smashed and mixed up with everything it is so good and well quite healthy for you! ~ 1/3 cup: 78 calories, 3g fat, 320mg sodium, 10.5g carbs, 3.5g fiber, 4g sugars, 3.5g protein -- PointsPlus® value 2.
I have changed it up by not having any plain greek yogurt and subing light sour cream it is looser than normal guac some times but still yummy....this time I omitted the jalapenos so the kids may try it. To my surprise the boy punk couldn't get enough in his face the girl punk we couldn't bribe her to even have the tiniest bit! Silly kids! But she did gobble up the pico de gallo. The pico is one of those things that I just throw together I will give you what we add and you can play around with it!

ripe plum tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped ( I prefer a nice ripe Roma but have used may different types that all turn out great)
small white onion, finely chopped ( I use a pampered chef chopper to get it quite fine)
cilantro leaf, chopped (or more to taste!)
jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
fresh lime juice - HAS TO BE FRESH no, if and's or buts about it people!

A sample recipe is here read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/pico-de-gallo-83371?oc=linkback

Hope you all had a great New Years Eve and a relaxing New Years Day.


 Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment