I have a recipe for another poke cake that is so yummy so I thought this has got to be just as good. Trying it out on family and maybe some friends over Easter. I was holding off sharing it till I got feed back on the recipe but oh no someone need a dessert for tomorrow! Here you go CW.
Better Than Easter… Carrot Cake Poke Cake
- The 9x13 Carrot Cake recipe of your choice, baked and cooled (I used a box mix)
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 8 oz Cool Whip
- 10.6 oz Cool Whip Vanilla Frosting (Cream Cheese flavor if your store carries it, mine doesn't) - Recipe below (this not available in Canada)
- 6 oz (half a tub) of whipped cream cheese (must be whipped)
- Approx. 1/2 cup caramel sundae sauce (just pour on as much or as little as you'd like)
- Approx. 1 cup chopped pecans (sprinkle on as much or as little as you'd like)
- Leave the cake in the dish it was baked in-- this is not a free standing cake.
- Poke approximately 20-25 holes, spread evenly, over the top of the cake with the bottom of a wooden spoon. Pour the sweetened condensed milk over top, trying to fill the holes as much as possible.
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to beat together the cool whip, the cool whip frosting, and the whipped cream cheese until smooth. Spread over top of the cake.
- Pour the caramel sauce over top of the cake, and sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, really overnight is best.
- Cut into 12 squares to serve (you can cut more, 1/12 is a pretty large piece!).
Cool Whip FrostingPrep Time: 5 mins ~Total Time: 5 mins ~Yield: 4 cups
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant pudding mix, any flavor(I used Cheesecake)
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- Pour milk into bowl add pudding mix and sugar.
- Beat with wire whisk for 2 minutes.
- Gently fold in whipped topping.