So the recipe I have left for you is a combo of two combined. Basically just the spices are different. The whole family gobbled it up and said please make this again. WOW so surprised! I am such a soup girl and so happy that Daddy Punk and Kid Punks loved it!
If you try to make this please let us know what you think or change? You could totally make it using left over chicken, like Roast Chicken or grilled chicken.
Olive Garden Chicken & Gnocchi Soup
- Prep Time: 10 mins Total Time: 35 mins Servings: 8-10
- 3 - 4 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 carrots, shredded
- 1/2 onions, diced
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ - 1 teaspoon thyme & parsley
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- 16 ounces potato gnocchi
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (optional)
- Saute the onion, celery, garlic, carrot in oil over medium heat until onion is translucent.
- Add chicken, chicken stock, half and half (add cornstarch in half and half at this point if you want a thicker soup.), salt and pepper, thyme. Heat to boiling, then add gnocchi. Gently boil for 4 minutes, then turn down to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook for another 1-2 minutes until spinach is wilted.
- Ladle into bowls and serve!