WW Core - Bubbling Pizza Casserole
- 1 lb 96% lean ground beef
- 1 medium onions, chopped
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced bell peppers
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 16 ounces refrigerated biscuits ( should be 8 biscuits per can)
- 1 1/4 cups fat free mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In skillet, brown meat over medium heat, stirring to crumble.
- Stir in onion, tomato sauce, basil, garlic, and Italian seasoning.
- Add veggies
- Add quartered biscuit dough to the pan of sauce & meat; stir gently until biscuits are covered with sauce.
- Spray a 9 x 13" casserole dish with cooking spray. Dump the mixture into the dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese, and bake an additional 10 minutes or until biscuits are done.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Here is the only thing I did different (being as girl punk has issues with Tomatoes, I used her favorite pasta sauce - Natural and organic) I subbed the tomatoes with pasta sauce. I added a herb mix instead of the basil and Italian seasoning (cause it is what I had). I also used baby portabella mushrooms too. I like them better as the don't cook down as much and the kids don't notice them as they do with white mushrooms. I also cut back on the cheese. I used a low fat mix of cheeses I used half of what was called for. So next time I may just use left over Mama's Meat Sauce recipe. We had seconds too! Yummmmmy. Keeper for sure.